Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stress and Worry

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

I keep hearing about my friend’s struggles… issues with marriages, issues with the law, issues with health, etc. I am so thankful that my life is pretty calm b/c everyone knows I am the first person to freak out when things go wrong… but now, thanks to my relationship with Jesus, I am much calmer than I used to be and I am so thankful for that.

I know that God won’t give me more than I can handle. Even though some times are going to be rough, those trials will be blessings in the end. When I start to get worked up over something, I turn to Jesus, raise my hands in the air, and say “I surrender”. I turn it over to God and every time I start to get upset about something I remember that He has it in control and I just need to follow Him.

It’s not easy. I stress about my family, my bills, my work… just like anyone else. But knowing that I am part of something bigger than myself, brings such peace to me. So for now, I will pray for those who don’t have that peace, those who don’t have a relationship with Jesus… for those who do and are slipping in their trust a bit…. and I will pray for my fellow believers to maintain their beliefs even when things aren’t going how we feel they should.

Lord, help me to continue to trust in you. Help me to cast my worry aside and believe in Your plan for me. Father God, comfort me, strengthen me, and bring me peace when I do get worked up. You are mighty to save and I am so thankful for the love you have for me. Amen.

No comments: