Sunday, October 26, 2008

10/26/08- Mom Update

Thought I would give an update on my mom... She is doing pretty well. She moves a little slower but is still working every day. Even though she is still working 8 hr days, she says she is only working part time because she is used to 10-12 hr days. Her doctor is still amazed with her... said he cant tell her what the average person does b/c she is so out of the norm. Something I have noticed is her memory... I have to remind her of things, which is odd b/c she is normally very SHARP. The Dr said that is a side affect, called chemo-brain, and will come back in 6-9 months.

This Thursday will be her last round of chemo. I am so happy... I know she is being evaluated for radiation, but that is less invasive than the chemo. From what I understand, she will recover from the chemo a bit before that starts, if it does.

Keep her in your prayers... and since its Breast Cancer Awareness month, schedule your mammogram!

No comments: