Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful 2012

I have so much to be thankful for. A good job, a healthy family, a good relationship with my parents, a house to live in and food to eat. The list goes on and on and I thank God daily for all the blessings.

In 4 days I will be traveling with my daughter to the Dominican Republic to spend our Thanksgiving in a village, serving the community and sharing God's Word. I am so excited about this opportunity to love on the kids in this village. We are going to help in their school, teach bible studies, do arts and crafts, and purity classes. Ty and I are traveling with our kids Pastor, his wife (who is in charge of the mission trips), and their daughter... along with 8 other people from a church in Colorado.

I am looking forward to this time with my daughter. She is such a mature 12 year old, already has responsibilities in our church in our kids ministry. She has proven to be a leader and a good example with her friends. She is a good student (for the most part) and a hard worker. But... these are the times when things change. She is almost a teenager. She gets a little sassy at times. I am hoping that going on this trip with instill deep in her heart God's love so she never forgets that. When the going gets tough in life, she will lean on Him instead of worldly things. I hope this time together, serving God, will bond us as mother and daughter.

I just pray for our trip... for all those going, that we may have safe travels and good health. I pray for those we are going to meet. The teachers, the translators, the students, and families. That they all have open hearts and minds to the love of Christ we are going to bring them. I pray for our family members that we are leaving behind... that they may feel God's comfort and support while we are gone. That they make good choices and dont have any problems. I just pray for a life changing experience. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Everyone have a blessed week and Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

safe travels and have a wonderful holiday season