Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thankful for grandparents

I am so thankful for my family… my mom and Rob who are amazing parents and grandparents. They give so much to our family and love everyone equally, regardless if you are their own child or not. My mother in law is a wonderful woman. She is going through a lot right now with putting my FIL in a nursing home, but she is so strong. She has jumped into our lives full force. She loves my kids as if they were Bryan’s own. I am also thankful for Nate’s parents. Nate lives with them so when he has the kids they get to stay with their grandparents, which they think is so cool. They help out so much, picking the kids up from daycare and what not. Each of them play such a role in my children's lives and I am so thankful for them.

When I was born, one grandma had already passed away. I was so close with my mom’s parents when I was little. We went to their house instead of daycare. They volunteered at school and were just amazing people. My Nannie died when I was 10 and my grandpa died a few years later. I wasn’t very close with my Gido, my dad’s dad, as he lived in Chicago but he did come out for my wedding to Nate and then passed away shortly after.

I pray that my kids get to experience a lot of their life having their wonderful grandparents around. Love to you all!

No comments: