Friday, September 23, 2011

If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I have been struggling this week with something someone said to me... Without going too deep into it, someone who I consider somewhat close to me is upset with the way I worship Jesus. My music is too loud, my church is disrespectful, my prayers aren't right... That type of thing.

I've been in religion my whole life, but it wasn't until I was in relationship with Him that I figured out what Gods love really is. This isn't about traditions, set prayers, and being quiet. The bible says to make a joyful noise! This is about being head over heels in love with a Savior. This is being so filled with the holy spirit that it oozes out if you. This is having a light in you that attracts others to you b/c they want to hear the good news. This isn't sit in church for an hour on Sunday to get your quota in... This is live every moment in His presence, thanking Him with every breath, there is no end to prayer... Be in constant dialog with the Lord.

 I went to worship tonight with a heavy heart. I've been through a lot this week... Some health issues, kid issues, then this friend problem and I just wanted rest. I keep replaying the conversation with her in my head... And it's tiring to me. I told her Im not going to apologize for my beliefs. I'm not going to tone down my worship to make her comfortable.  I'm not going to stop my prayer requests... I'm not going to stop posting bible verses on Facebook. This is who I am. It's what I do.

We had a guest preacher tonight and he was so on fire for Jesus. He was captivating and the spirit reigned down. I felt all my burdens lifted. I felt peace in my soul. He talked about when you have Jesus in your heart you become a different person, a new person, and you live for Him.   You are free in Him. I truly felt God speaking through this preacher tonight... I know that I stood up for what I believed in. I did what I needed to when my faith was questioned. I feel at peace now. I feel better...

Ill admit, Im human... Im hurt... And while I don't know the extent of the damage done to our friendship, i will do my best to forgive. I pray that God opens the eyes to her heart and lets her be open to things that are different to her. Let her be open to hearing the good news and may God use me as a vessel. Amen.

Some bible verses that come to mind:

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let
God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know
God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
Romans 12:2 (NLT)

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.(NIV)

No comments: