Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Dash Between The Dates

I have gone to a couple funerals recently and have heard of other people losing their loved ones and it got me thinking about what people would say at my funeral.

I want the dash inbetween my birth and death date to be big. I want it to be full of experiences and memories. I want to be known for my loves, my friendships, my accomplishments. I want it to be full of memories of good times. I want it to be full of funny stories.

Yesterday my dear friend said goodbye to her mother. It was unexpected and a complete shock to everyone. Her uncle and other family got up to speak of her mother and they talked about how "Vickey Loved"... how she loved her family, disabled kids, complete strangers, and her love for God. It was so touching.

When I pass away I would be honored to be discribed as "Lisa Loved"... and I am going to start living my life that way today!

No comments: