Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

This year we had our kids for the first half of Christmas... I took off Wednesday- Friday before to get last minute things done. Mister Husband was supposed to as well, but ended up having to go to Puerto Rico for work Tuesday-Friday morning, so at least we got Friday and the rest of the holiday together.

On Christmas Eve, we went to our church around 5pm and did the Cookie Giveaway. It's a tradition. We bring in cookie the day or two before, bundle them all up nice and pretty, and then Christmas Eve we distribute them throughout the community to those who have to work. Usually we go to the hospital to give them to the nursing stations and what not, this year we went to the fire station instead. The firemen were so appreciative of the holiday treats.

Then we went back to the church for service. We sang carols and heard 3 different versions of the Christmas Story. This night, we had communion as a family for the first time. All 5 of us. We prayed together and had communion. What a wonderful thing.

We went to IHOP for dinner after service... some had dinner, some had breakfast. We got home and were in bed by 9pm. This is the first year that our youngest didnt believe in Santa (he's now 10, so we had a good run, considering Ty figured it out when she was 4.) so we didnt need to wait up for them to fall asleep. Good thing too, but we may have gone to bed at 9pm but the kids didnt go to sleep until 2ish.

Christmas morning we were up by 7. I think Mister Husband woke everyone up... me included. But considering he brought me coffee in bed to wake me up, I didnt complain too much :)

There were a lot of sport themed gifts given... of course, I got coffee which I am always happy about. After we opened our gifts and the boys played a video game and Ty curled her hair with her new curling wand, we went to my parent for breakfast with all (well, most) of my family. The kids went to their other parents for the rest of the winter break around 1pm and we went back to my parents house for the rest of the day.

I am so blessed by my family... my husband, my kids, my parents, my siblings,inlaws, aunts/uncles, and cousins. I had a wonderful day.

No comments: