Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I had a GREAT Mother’s day.

It started off on Saturday when we went to Springville for my stepson’s soccer game. One of the soccer moms brought roses with ribbons wrapped around them for each of the player’s moms. I didn’t think anything about it when I didn’t get one. A few minutes later, Taylor’s mom came over and gave me one of her 2 roses. She said “You’re Taylor’s mom too” and thanked me for taking such good care of him when he is at my house. Wow… I was speechless.

On Sunday, I got my kids (they were with their dad for most of the weekend) and taking them to church with me and my sister, Heather. Drew was very snuggly and Ty kept drawing me Mother’s day notes during worship.

I got home and my house was spotless. Bryan got up and cleaned it all, mopped the floors, laundry, everything. It looked great. He got me some new PJ’s and some beautiful flowers.

We went over to my parent’s house for lunch. Almost all of my siblings and their families were there, along with Bryan’s family. My mom got me and my sister a gift certificate for a “spoiled brat” pedicure. Yay!

It was fun to eat, drink, and just hang out with everyone in the sunshine all day.

No comments: