Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Take a deep breath...

I need to keep reminding myself of that today... b/c I am stressed. I can feel it through my body.

Over the weekend Bryan's neck started hurting. He couldn't turn his head, couldn't move his arm etc. He thought he slept wrong. Saturday afternoon he noticed a bump under his ear. It was weird b/c it felt like Ty's saliva gland did when she had an infection, but his had a hard spot in the middle of it. I told him if he wasn't better by Monday to get it checked. The pain he had made me think he had an infection in his neck, not sore muscles.

I took him to the doctor last night... despite the grumbling on his part. Once the doctor got over the shock of his blood pressure, he looked at the real reason we were there. He had him do some tests, did some blood work, etc and said he has an infection in either the gland (saliva??) or lymph nodes. He is putting him on antibiotics and wants to see him in a week. If the symptoms get worse he needs to go back immediately b/c that area is so close to the lining of the brain and they worry about meningitis.

On the good side, he did agree to go back and get a full physical done. He knows things are out of wack, especially after saying "Yes" to just about everything on the family history list. Since I "leased" him for 20 years, I gotta get him healthy! LOL

This morning Ty woke up and the first thing out of her mouth is "Mom, I'm swollen". The left side (that still has the paroitid gland) is swollen. We just talked about it yesterday, saying how good she's doing and now it looks like we jinxed ourselves. I gave her some Motrin, OK'ed the daycare to give her Tylenol when she gets home from school, and have to call the Dr at Primary's to see if he will call in meds and see what he wants to do.

I guess you can tell by this post why my stress level is through the roof... I just need to take a moment, relax, take a deep breath, and pray. I hate seeing my family in pain or sick. I would much rather it be me... so I think that adds to it all.

:::Deep Breath:: It will all be ok.

1 comment:

A said...

I am sure every thing will be OK, but understand you're being stressed for sure. Keep us updated on the progress of everyone! (I am guessing the shock of blood pressure was because it was too high huh? Those silly guys)