Friday, May 29, 2009

Random Ramblings

I thought it was time for an update. Not alot has been going on, just little things but they are worth mentioning,I thought!

I'll start with the biggest thing... as of this afternoon, I will now have a 1st grader and a 4th grader. How the hell did that happen? Even Ty yesterday said "Mom, do you remember when Drew was a baby? Well, now he reads". Yeah, don't rub it in.

*T-Ball. Drew is loving playing again. His uncle (Darren) is his coach and his cousin and BFF (Cannon) is on his team. They are so funny to watch. This team is for 3 yrs to Kindergarten I believe. Drew is one of the biggest kids out there. Next year he will move on to coach pitch. That will be interesting! LOL

*Softball. Ty started softball last week or the week before. The first practice she was terrified of batting. She even told me that she'd rather be in the field. I took her to the batting cages on 4th street and let her hit $6 worth. Ended up hitting 55 of 100. Not too shabby!

Since then she has been a machine! I think she's only struck out once since then in her games... last night she did awesome! Her cousin told her before the game if she gets to 2nd base, he'd buy her Skittles. Well, she got to 2nd base 4x. That's alot of Skittles!




*4-H. We havent been able to go to our meetings b/c of the sporting events, but we still have done our part to help with the garden. I cant wait for the seeds to start sprouting so I can see all our efforts. The kids are excited for it.

*Memorial Day. My ex had the kids for the weekend so Bryan and I went up to my parents condo in Park City. We only stayed a night and Bryan got sick, but it was still fun. I turned my parents on to chocolate cake shots. I have a feeling all our bbq's will now involve citron, frangelico, and a sugared lemon! LOL



*Vacations. In a couple of weeks will start our vacationing. California for Bryan's family reunion, Raft for the Cure in Moab, annual Moab Mamas trip in July, and then wrapping it all up with Bible Camp in the Sawtooth Mountains in August.

Good times... hope all is well. God bless!

No comments: