Friday, December 17, 2010

All About Forgiveness

The dictionary definition of Forgiveness:

for·give·ness   /fərˈgɪvnɪs/
[fer-giv-nis]
–noun

1. act of forgiving; state of being forgiven.

2. disposition or willingness to forgive.

Origin:

bef. 900; ME forgifenesse, OE forgifennys. See forgive, -ness

—Related forms

pre·for·give·ness, noun
 
 
Bible Verses About Forgiveness:


"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6:14-15 New International Version

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9 New International Version

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."
Ephesians 1:7 New International Version

Forgiveness has been on my mind a lot lately... A lot of things are going on around me that are terrible and heartbreaking. A lot of broken, hurting people and it makes me wonder about the whole aspect of forgiving.

If you forgive someone, do you have to forget what they did? If you forgive them, does it mean you are ok with their actions?  I guess all I can do is just keep remembering that its not my place to judge them... God has called us to love our brothers inspite of their weaknesses and faults. God sent His son to die for our sins... all of them, not the little ones or the ones that arent "too bad"... all of them. If God can forgive, who am I not to?

I dont know how I would react in the situation that some of my friends are in; and I pray that I never have to deal with that;  however I will just continue to love on them and support them in any way I can. My prayers are with the hurting people around me.

Lord, comfort them. Show your mercy to them. Just hold them and love them and let them know that with You, they will be ok. Amen.

No comments: