Friday, April 29, 2011

What a blessing!

Yesterday I had a LONG day… I started work at 7am and am normally off at 4pm, but we had a job fair that I was asked to be at, so I had to do that from 430-8pm. Joking around on FB, I said something about going to work at the job fair and needing a lot of coffee to make it through the day. Someone even joked back saying “If someone was to bring you coffee are you going to give them a job??”. Well, it couldn’t hurt right? JUST KIDDING!

Around 300pm, I left the office to run home for a minute and then stopped at the coffee shop in our church to get a coffee for me and a coworker. I walked in and the owner says, “Aren’t you supposed to be at work? Like until 8pm?”. Uh, yeah… she must have seen my post on Facebook. After like the 4th time of asking me I why I wasn’t at work, I asked her what the deal was. She said “Someone was here a few minutes ago to get you coffee and they are taking it to your work. You aren’t supposed to be here!”. Uh, oops!

I then looked at my phone and saw I missed a call from my friend, Candice, so I asked if it was her and Holly got a big smile and said yes. I called her back and she says “I’m here to bring you coffee but no one is at the job fair yet. Where are you?”. I couldn’t very well tell her I was at the coffee shop about to order the very drink she had already got for me, so I said I was on my way back from my house and I’d be there in 5 minutes. Technically it wasn’t a lie, I was on my way from my house and I was 5 minutes from work!! LOL

I met her at my work… where she got me a yummy blended Dirty Chai and gave me some pastries to share with my coworkers. Candice is a sweetheart… she is such a blessing to all of us… and I am so glad to have her in my life. My kids adore her kids and it’s fun to do Kids Ministry with her on Wednesday nights.

Thank you Candice. Love ya!

No comments: