Monday, May 2, 2011

Where Were You When The World Stop Turning?

10 years ago, my family and I were in Chicago on vacation. Ty was only 1.5 yrs old and if you ask her, she still remembers the day the  "airplane of bad men who hit to buildings". I remember the eeriness of a normally busy city, being so calm you could hear every movement. I remember being terrified walking near the Sears Tower and hearing planes even though there wasnt supposed to be any... only to find out that the Sears Tower was a target. I remember having to drive back to Utah, all of us crammed in a little rental car. I remember seeing pictures... hearing stories... numerous news reports of that day... and my heart breaking every time.

Well... the mastermind behind it all is now dead and I dont know how to feel about it. Part of me is relieved. Part of me is scared all over again. Part of me is thankful. Part of me feels bad for feelin good that someone died.

I am just going to continue to pray for our nation, our troops, our goverment and the people of the world who do not know Jesus... as well as put my Trust in the Lord. He's got this, the worry isnt mine.

No comments: