Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

What a great weekend!

Friday night was date night for me and hubby. We went to City Club for dinner and then to worship.

We had to wake up way early Saturday morning to meet my parents and my brother/sister in law to ride the motorcycles down to SLC for the Race for the Cure. We did that even with 20,000 other people. It was amazing. Mom got to walk in the Survivors parade. I need to get all the pictures from my dad to post... its an awesome event. I was suprised later that day with an iPad2. What an awesome thing... even better all the books I had on my Nook moved over with the Nook app so I didnt lose anything. Yay!!

On Sunday,  my exhusband dropped the kids off to me at church and my mom met us there to. Nothing like worshiping God with your loved ones. Bryan met us after church and we went to Golden Corral for breakfast where we ran into some dear friends. I swear my heart does a dance when I see this guy... he is an amazing example of what Jesus can do. He is about to go away for a bit and I am so sad, but he's gotta do this thing to make up for his past. I guarantee God has big plans for him... he's going to be spreading His love to a lot of broken people. After that we went to my parents to hang out and had dinner with them... my sisters were there, my in laws were there, my best friend was there. Good times.

I am so blessed to have such awesome mom's in my life... my mom especially. I thank God for her daily. She is our rock. She is forgiving. She is loving. She is genuine. She has overcome so much. She is such an example. I just adore her.

1 comment:

Sami said...

I am so jealous of your iPad2! I have an iPhone, but sometimes reading my nook or kindle on there is a pain, because it's so small.
Hmmm...I think I know what to ask Santa for now!