Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Countdown is on... 10 more days!

10 more days until I leave for Guatemala.

I'm not nervous to be there yet... I'm nervous forgetting to do something. Forgetting to pack something I need, forgetting to notify someone that I will be gone, stuff like that.

I've given the teachers and updated emergency contact list, got to remind the husband he's got to take his phone off silent during the day in case the kids need him. I've notified the credit card companies that I really will be out of town in case a charge comes through. I've got to go to the bank.

Ty is ready to kick me out the door... I think she said something about she's going to enjoy the break from me. (Not sure how I feel about that comment)... but Drew is going to have a harder time. He is a tender heart. Its a good thing this is only a week long trip b/c me being going is going to take some getting used to. I am the constant in his life... He's been through a lot in his 9 years on this earth and this could be rough. Bryan and I talked about it last night so he's aware. I think being able to FaceTime with them will help.

The pile of stuff I need to pack is getting bigger and bigger. Its in a corner of my room. I am trying to figure out how to get all I need into one bag. I may have to break down and pay the $25 for the 2nd bag. We'll see.

I am just excited :)

No comments: