Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 7: Lake Atitlan and Zip Treking


Day 7… Lake Atitlan and ZipTreking

After the market on Thursday we went to Lake Atitlan to stay the night so we could zip line (or Zip Trek, as they called it) the next morning. This place was amazing. It had a Swiss Family Robinson feel to it. I felt like we were staying in a treehouse. It was beautiful.
 
That night we ate dinner in their visitor center and it was magical. There was a deck area that went over a stream that came down from a waterfall. It had these yellow and red plants hanging from the ceiling. There was a mist off the water as well. The best thing though was the fireflies! We don’t have them in Utah, but I grew up with them in Indiana and I love them!

The next morning we got up, ate breakfast, and then signed up for the Zip Line Tour. I was sooo nervous! Why was I going to throw myself off a platform to be hundreds of feet above the ground?! Didn’t sound sane to me, however I knew if I didn’t do it I’d regret it. I sucked it up… got my harnesses on and off we went. We had to hike to the top of the trail and then there were 8 different lines that we went on. It took someone giving me a shove the first time, but after that, I was fine. It was amazing… it was so out of my comfort zone but I loved it! We went over coffee groves, around waterfalls, there were monkeys in the trees. You could see the lake and volcanoes next to us. It was breath taking.





After that, we hiked around a little the rest of the day and then headed back to the bible seminary. We went to dinner at an authentic Guatemalan restaurant. I had grilled chicken with coconut and mango. Yum! We went back to the room and packed, because our adventure was over… Saturday morning we made the trek home. Praise God for all these awesome experiences!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

wow that looks fun