Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Too Blessed to be Stressed

...let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him...
~ Hebrews 10:22, NLT

This bible verse goes right along with what I said yesterday… that God wants us to trust Him, to put our faith in him.

I try to not look to my own understanding and give my worries to God. Little things like “should I really post about my Ex on my Facebook status? It’d make me feel better… but what good does that make the situation?” to “should I switch the kids schools and let them stay home alone until I get there instead of sending them to daycare?” to “ Is working on a relationship with _____ really worth it?” and a million other things that go through my head daily.

I think putting God in the forefront of my mind helps me deal with situations better… a quick little prayer of “God, I’m struggling here… please help” is comforting. It helps me to not over react and freak out. I am the first person to panic when things don’t go my way and I have noticed that when I give it all to God, I am more calm.

That little saying of “Too Blessed to be Stressed” maybe cheesy, but its true!

No comments: