Thursday, August 4, 2011

WTF.... T = Thursday!



Drawing eyebrows with a Sharpie and other crazy things

1) Daily deal websites (like Groupon, LivingSocial, Seize the Deal, and even the pet-oriented DoggyLoot) are all the rage right now. Have you bought anything from any of those deal websites?
Yes, I shop off Groupon and GoDealGo all the time. I have gotten some awesome deals.


2) A former classmate of mine posted a Facebook status recently saying that she finally got her first "real world" job, to which I welcomed her to the hell of adulthood. She responded by saying, "Hell is being an adult and still having a part-time job at Old Navy!" How would you describe hell on earth?
Not sure its really hell on earth, but some bad things I've dealt with.... Watching my mom go through chemo and radiation for breast cancer, watching my daughter's saliva gland have issues and see her and pain and not be able to help, watching my son have seizure after seizure... stuff like that.

3) Many people are doing their back-to-school shopping for their children or themselves right now. Did you have a favorite character/theme for your school supplies when you were in school? Or, do you like to have unique supplies (like the high heel shoe-shaped tape dispenser on my office desk) for your office/home today? We arent doing anything fancy for school supplies... the kids each picked a color and tried to find the majority of their supplies in that color. I am irritated that ShopKo had better prices than Walmart so I have to return stuff today. Dang it!

4) Speaking of office supplies, some people love using Sharpie markers to draw in eyebrows. What is your favorite use for a Sharpie?  I love to write with the thin Sharpies. My writing always looks better.



5) Who is a celebrity you'd love to sit down and have a conversation with? I am so not a celebrity junkie... I guess if I had to choose someone it'd be Oprah or Dog the Bounty Hunter. I think I am leaning more on Dog.


6) I recently discovered a list of 100 "crazy" things you should do before you die. (Click here to read.) What is something you think everyone should do before they die? Hmmm... Crazy? Get a tattoo, spend a weekend in Vegas, I don't know... LOL


7) What is the worst job in the world? I couldnt be a janitor. I dry-heave at the thought of cleaning up other people's messes. I have a respect for those who do that job and do my best to clean up after myself b/c of it.


8) What television show's filming would you love to be in the audience watching?  I would have loved to see the Oprah show... but maybe Ellen would be fun too.

9) Some people are annoyed when other people talk on cell phones while in line at a store. I discovered something even more annoying -- someone ahead of me paying for a case of beer with all pennies. When you've been behind someone in the checkout lane at a store, what is the most annoying thing a person has done? A lady arguing with her kid over a candy bar. She was being rude, the kid was getting upset. I just wanted to buy it for her to get her moving.


10) I don't know if they really exist or not, but I heard a TV show talking about memory foam toilet seats. Do you think a toilet seat made from memory foam that shapes to your specific bottom sounds like a good idea? If you are spending that much time on the toliet, you've got bigger problems than the seat.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I've never heard of GoDealGo before. I'll have to check it out.

I saw Dog the Bounty Hunter once walking into a grocery store. I didn't realize it was him until later. He was even scarier looking in person than he is on TV