Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I am the puppet-master!

Drew came home with 2 tub socks and said he had to make puppets. When I asked him details he kept saying "I dunno" so I found the instruction sheet wadded up at the bottom of his bag. He is to make the littlest goat in "Billy Goat Gruff". I asked him why he has 2 socks, was one incase we messed up? No. He has to make another one for the morning class. Ok, do we make 2 goats? I dunno...

After an email to his teacher I find out that Drew was so excited about making puppets that he wanted to make 2 and the teacher needed a Dwarf for the morning classes skit.

We went to Walmart to buy things to decorate the socks. Some felt, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners and we are set. We plugged in the hot glue gun and got to work. I glued my fingers into the inside of the sock and then just straight on put a glob of hot glue on my finger. Yeah, that was fun. I am now missing skin and I think its infected. But... the puppets are done and Drew is happy with the end product so I guess it was worth it. LOL!




I guess I didnt get a picture of the Dwarf and I dont know where the goat's mouth went in these pictures... Oops! LOL

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great Job!!! Forgot to mention you burned your fingers!

Bellajean And Me said...

nice job girl!!