Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Encouraging Word 11/16/10

Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.

~ Romans 12:9, NLT

How perfect a verse for today. I truly believe God puts little messages in our lives in the most random of ways, including my emailbox.
 
My exhusband is having problems with everything that is in the news regarding our former pastor/my friend. He is blaming the church and not the individual. He is putting negativitiy into my kids head when he isnt seeing the big picture. My church had nothing to do with the actions of this pastor... his acts were human and inappropriate, but nothing to do with the body of Christ. My ex doesnt see that and doesnt want my kids to return to our place of worship.
 
We prayed for him at bible study last night, that God will soften his heart and open his eyes. We also prayed for my kids, that they stay strong in their beliefs and that God put a hedge of protection around them. I prayed this morning for the Lord to guide me... to show me when to stand up and fight and when to sit back and listen. This is a hard time for us all... there are side effects to all those who know this pastor, even if we werent directly involved and I continue to pray for him, his family, and our church.

No comments: