Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I will praise you in this storm

Right now, I am going through some tough times… some things are going on in a couple of families that I am very close to and I am heartbroken for them and anyone else involved.

One of these people is someone I am very close to. Someone who is a confidant and someone who has helped me in my walk with Christ. Parts of me want to ask “Why??” but I know I just need to turn to the Lord and ask for comfort and strength. It isn’t my place to judge… so I turned to the bible and started looking up verses on forgiveness.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

"Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall."
Psalm 55:22

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:1

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,"
Acts 3:19

"The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;"
Daniel 9:9

Lord, I don’t know why things happen the way they do. Please help me not to get mixed up in the questioning and finger pointing and to set my eyes on you. Help me to be a strength to those around me and remember that you sent your son to die for our sins, no matter the degree. Lord, I am not worthy… none of us are but I am so thankful for your gift of salvation. Please help me to remember to continue to praise you through the storm.

No comments: