Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Goodbye Grandma Lloyd

This week has been interesting. A lot of emotions and strange feelings, like anxiety and worry; however today I feel peace and comfort instead. That's how the Lord works:)

My exhusband's grandma passed away last week and her funeral is today. She's been sick for a few years now, so we've known this day would come but it doesnt make it any easier.

My kids had a lot of questions... and I didnt have answers. They wanted to know if they would see her in heaven one day... if she was a believer b/c as a believer you know that this isnt the end, its just good bye for now. It was hard to tell them I didnt know.

It was hard for me b/c I am not part of that family anymore... and I was getting thrown in. I was to spend 4 hrs with them last night at the viewing. Some I havent see in years, or atleast since I've remarried. I was worried about people's reactions of me being there. I was worried about things they would say that my kids would hear.

So I prayed about it... and rather than having anxiety and worry, I was ok. People were nice, I was thanked for being there, it went as it should... being about Grandma Lloyd and not about a failed marriage.

Today we say goodbye to a spunky little woman. She wasnt a lady of many words, but you could tell her love for people. She worked until she was 83, she was strong, and stubborn. She will be missed.

No comments: