Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope everyone wore green... unless you like being pinched, up to you!

Our plan was to go out for a friend's birthday and a week or so before the party, he canceled it. Bummer! Well, my parents had planned on going too and we had already gotten rooms at the hotel in SLC so we decided to keep the reservations and go anyhow. We took the kids with us, dressed in new green St. Patrick's Day shirts (which I just realized I forgot to take pictures of), and we went to Olive Garden for dinner. After dinner the kids went swimming, where there was a group of drunk men doing belly flops for $20/each. Uh... ok. Thankfully they didnt land on my kids.

We got them all situated in the room and went out to get a couple drinks... after a while, Ty text me and said that Taylor's uncle works at the hotel and wants to upgrade us to a different room that has free wi-fi. Uh, ok. So we went and moved things around. We went from the 3rd to the 11th floor and when we walked in the room, we freaked. It was a Suite!! Our room and my parents room connected and the kids had a huge space to be in. Very cool.

We went back down to the hotel bar when Ty calls me again and says "Room service just dropped off stuff, can we eat it?". Ice cream and popcorn and a comped movie for them to watch. So cool... what a blessing. The kids were thrilled!!

No comments: