Sunday, April 15, 2012

Destination: Guatemala

One month from now I will be loving on the people of Guatemala.

I am excited... And little nervous... And happy... And blessed. I was able to earn more than my amount to go. I had some wonderful people donate to my cause. I was surprised by a few, which goes to show how God played into this all.

Now it's time to start packing... Got my lice-prevention shampoo (yikes!), got my hat and hiking shoes. Gotta borrow a big suitcase b/c I'm not sure mine is big enough. Time to stock up on batteries for the camera. I pray God not only works in me to serve these Mayan people, but uses me to photograph his creation. I want to be able to show people at home what Guatemala looks like.

I am asking for prayer... Safe travels, life changing experiences, safety in this forgien country, for my family that I leave behind, for the people we're ministering to, for the people I'm serving with... The list goes on and on. I feel that God has called me to this mission, to serve his people, so I'm not really worried or scared (as a lot of people ask me, I'm just really excited :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your adventure!