Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wake Up!!

Do you ever feel like someone just shook you and said "Wake Up"??

That's where I am today... Last night, I got word from a friend that someone is upset that he and I still talk. Upset that when they cut their ties, it should have cut them for everyone else too. Mind you, this friend and I do not talk about the other person, the only time we have was to pray for her. However, I guess she doesnt want us to be friends but hasn't said anything to me about it and if she would, I would explain the situation to her... then she would know what's going on although I dont know if it would matter much anyhow. The fact of the matter is, this guy friend is asking about Jesus. He wants to come to church. He wants to have a relationship with Him. Who am I to say no to introducing him and walking with him?

Anyhow... I was really bothered last night by all this. I let it get under my skin and I kept praying to God for help. I was annoyed, I was hurt, I was irritated. This gal I am talking about is newer to Jesus... and instead of running to Him when things get tough, she runs away. She runs away from family and friends the same way at times and it breaks my heart. There are times I want to shake her and say "Wake Up!!"... but instead, I think God just shook me and said "Wake Up!" b/c when I got to work this morning and say my bible verse email from KLove it said, "And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering."~ Jude 1:22, NLT

You MUST show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Not you COULD or you SHOULD... you MUST. I know alot of her problems are b/c she doesnt have a strong believe yet. She doesnt see the goodness that comes from a relationship with God. She is worried about material and earthly things. At times, she does have her eyes set on Jesus, but not ALL the time. 
 
Wow. Thank you Jesus for waking me up this morning. For showing me another side to the situation. For helping me to take a different approach. Lord, my life is better due to the relationship I have with You. Thank you.... Amen.

No comments: