Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14/08- Mom Update

I got off the phone with my mom a bit ago... her white blood count has been low this week. She has been taking some shots to stimulate her bone marrow growth in hopes to raise her levels. Unfortunatly they arent working as well as they did last time... so she has to go daily to do these shots. From what she says, they are painful. Because there is activity going on with the marrow, she said it feels like she has broken bones. Her jaw and hips hurt.

I asked her if there is anything more she can do to help it and she said no... that she has to stay away from people who are sick and be careful of what she eats. They are concerned about sores in her mouth that can lead to infection, so she cant eat food that could cut her.

But even with all that... she was on her way to work in SLC, was going to a Strides Against Breast Cancer kickoff at the U, and was telling me she is excited that the wedding is only 5 wks away. Seriously, can she be more amazing?

If that was me, I would be at home, in my bed, crying, and asking for painkillers... and she is off to rally with fellow breast cancer supports. She is my hero.

3 comments:

A said...

Your mom is awesome! I continue to keep her (and you and your family) in my prayers. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy... we will take all the prayers we can get!

Anonymous said...

I often wonder why the Lord puts "angels" on earth through so much hell. Then, I realize it is because they are so amazing that they show the rest of us what the true meaning of life is about. Thanks for the updates and like Amy said, you and your family is in my prayers always!