Sunday, August 10, 2008

Breast Cancer Sucks



Alot of my blog will talk about my family and our trials with breast cancer.




3 years ago my mom was diagnosed with DCIS (a form of breast cancer), had a lumpectomy and radiation and has become an advocate for Breast Cancer Awareness speaking at her work and for the American Cancer Society's Strides Against Breast Cancer.

Around Mother's Day, she found out that her cancer came back in the other breast and more invasive. She had a double mastectomy in June and started her 18 weeks of chemotherapy in July. She maybe bald(ing) but she has an amazing attitude. She is so positive and optimistic.
For my birthday my soon to be husband, Bryan, designed a tattoo for me. We got it done at Retribution Tatu in Layton. Its on the top of my foot and AWESOME! I love it. What a fitting tribute to my hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is one of my favorite tatoos that I have ever seen and so sentimental. Your mom is also one of my most favorite people I have ever known. She is an amazing woman and has an amazing daughter. Love you all!