Monday, August 18, 2008

PSS- Seeing or Hearing

It is my turn to ask a question... and since I am new to this, I am not sure if I am supposed to answer or not, but I will!

The question for the week is " If you had to choose, would you give up your sight or hearing? Why?"

If I had to choose one or the other, I would choose hearing. First off, I have a very good friend who is deaf, so I already know how to sign so that's a good head start... Also, because I feel you are still able to do a lot without your hearing. You may not get to hear music or everyday noises, but you would still be able to drive, watch the kids play sports, see their art projects etc.

I am blind as a bat without my contacts. I can't even see the alarm clock when its right up next to the bed so I couldn't imagine not having my vision at all. I guess thinking about this question makes me very thankful for having all of my senses.

No comments: