Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who would have ever thought? The Cool Chick is getting married!


Me? Get married? Yup, its true! Alot had happened since my divorce 3 years ago. Alot of heart ache... alot of growing... alot of tears... alot of time to figure out what was best for me and the kids and honestly, I have no regrets and feel I am a better person and have learned alot from my past.

I was totally unprepared the day I got a text from my friend Mary saying "Are you dating anyone? I've got the perfect guy for you." Uh, yeah... I had given up on dating... and I didnt do blind dates. But I thought it could be entertaining so why not? Couldn't be any worse that some of the other guys I had dated!! She gave him my number and we started texting...

About a week later, I met Bryan at Iggy's in Layton. We hit it off... dinner went well, we talked about alot of things and had a great time. I was going out with some friend to SLC to go dancing and ended up inviting him to come along. If he could survive a night out with my "crazy girls and touchy-feely guys" he was someone I could date.

Fast forward... quickly I realized what a great guy he is. He has been there for me during some tough times. He has opened his heart to my children and treats them as if they were his own. Neither of us are perfect, but I believe we are perfect for each other.

Although we had talked about getting married for a few months, the official proposal was in June and we are going to Vegas in September to say "I Do!". We are going to get married at the Valley of Fire State Park.

I believe that God brought him into my life when I had enough time to heal from my past and was finally open to giving my heart to someone again. I am just so thankful that person is Bryan. I truly believe we are meant for eachother and I cant wait to be Mrs Williams and to add him and his 10 yr old son, Taylor into our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Beautifully written and I can tell how EXTREMELY happy you are. I haven't been around you much lately (life has been busy), but I do know one thing...Bryan was meant for you. I am very happy for Taylor, Tyler and Drew to become a family with a new sibling. I wish you and Bryan much happiness.