Monday, August 25, 2008

PSS: My take on cheating

Shane asked about cheating... what would you do if you caught your spouse, what if its gone on for a while, what if it continued, etc...

I think my take on it now is different that it was a few years ago...I think I did alot for other people in the past, to not rock the boat, to make others happy. Now if I found out my spouse was cheating on me, it would be over. I have come too far to be happy and it's not something I can accept.

I believe something had to be missing or wrong in the relationship for it to get to that point... and IMO if you decide to take a different route than to work it out with your spouse, then its gone to far to fix.

I guess I have been thinking alot about what it takes to have a successful marriage, as I am weeks away from my own wedding. I understand that marriage takes alot of work, its not always going to be as wonderful as the day you say "I do". To make it work you have to have the commitment from both sides and along with good communication.

I know each person is different in what they will or will not tolerate and I am by no means a perfect person and although I am a forgiving person; cheating is not something I can accept.

No comments: