Sunday, December 14, 2008

and the rest of Saturday night...

After their play, we took them to Baskin Robbins for ice cream before we came home. Earlier in the day someone had given them these cool glasses to put on at night and look at the Christmas lights with. They are really cool... they show snowmen and gingerbread men!
Anyhow, the kids wanted to bring them in the house to look at our tree. When they were done, I told them to go put them in the car and get ready for bed. I was online checking email at the kitchen table and Bryan was at the counter when we heard a blood-curling scream. We both took off running and I saw Drew standing by his car door holding his head. I moved his hand and blood was pouring down his face. I grabbed him to run into the house and Ty saw all the blood and freaked out... she was screaming and crying. Bryan was calming her down as I sat Drew on the counter and grabbed for a rag. He had about an inch cut on his forehead and it was deep. Instantly I knew we were heading to the ER. Not so much for the blood, b/c it really didnt end up bleeding all that much once we wiped it up, but because he has a seizure disorder and I wanted to make sure nothing else was going to happen.


We ended up dropping Ty off to my parents... she was still freaking out and if he was going to have stitches, I didnt want her there. Hell, I didnt want to be there... so it was a good thing Bryan was with us. He kept us all calm.


We were in and out at the hospital. I think it took us longer to get there than the time we were there. They were able to glue his laceration closed rather than stitches (yay!) and we have to have extra seizure precautions for the next 2 wks. She thought he would have a big bump today and bruising, but so far he is good. He was such a trooper at the ER, it was unreal. He laid back on the bed with his arms behind his head, just chillin'.


Today I took him to the movies and he is feeling good. Here is a picture from before we left.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Oh how scary! I'm so glad that they could use the glue. I don't know any mom that would want to see their child get stitched up. I loved hearing you say that you took him because of his seizures. You're such a good mom to your kids. (And, I'm glad Bryan was there to keep ALL of you calm). It was great to see you on Friday. :)