Sunday, December 7, 2008

My BFF


Let me just take a moment to tell you I have the greatest best friend ever.


My BFF's name is Blake. We met right after I was made a coach at AOL. He was terrified to be on my team, our first conversations were about colonoscopies, and here we are years later... and he is a part of my family.


Blake house-sits, dog-sits, and baby-sits for me, my parents, my aunt... He is with us on holidays and family events. He goes shopping at Victoria's Secret, fixes computers, and has the hook up with car repair.


I talked Blake out of marrying someone I didnt think was right for him (and he continually thanks me for this!), I talked about him on my first date with Bryan b/c if someone I was dating wasnt ok with my best friend being a boy, the dating would end there. Luckily for me, Blake and Bryan have formed a friendship now and I am able to have both my boys around all the time.


Being the funny person I am, I made a "date my friend" posting on Craig's List a while back... until he made me take it down b/c someone figured out it was him.


He is so supportive of what my mom is going through and has spent money and time to support the cure for breast cancer.


He is someone I can tell anything to... someone I can just hang out with and will go to chick flicks with (although, the last one showed a Irish guys ass so I had to make up for it with something with girls in a hot tub)... someone I like to go get a drink with just to take a break from life.


My life is definately better for having Blake in it and I wanted to take a moment to tell everyone he is a wonderful friend!

1 comment:

Bellajean And Me said...

i love this post lisa!!! i know having someone like that in life is important and a must. those missing it have no idea what they are missing