Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Damn Saliva Gland Part 2

We went to the ENT last week to check on options. He said he isn't comfortable doing surgery b/c of the risk involved. I respect that; however we need to do something differently than we are currently doing so I asked what options we had. He said go see a doctor at Primary Children's Medical Center and see if he knows of anything else or would be comfortable dealing with all those little nerves that run through the gland. We have an appointment for January 8.

Ty finished her antibiotics on Saturday and Sunday night she started complaining of not feeling well and went to bed early. Monday she didn't say anything so I thought she was better. Today she called me from school, bawling. By the time I made it there to get her, she was asleep in the office just shaking. The lump is back again, but on the other side. This is a record... 8 freaking days in between outbreaks.

She cried... I cried. I cant believe we are the only people in the state of Utah who are dealing with this... someone has to have more ideas than heat, water, and lemon drops.

I am waiting for the Dr to call me back to call in yet another round of meds. In the mean time I have been looking up a lot of things regarding juvenile parotoid syndrome and found that Maxiofacial Surgeons deal with saliva glands. I called my dentist and asked if he could recommend someone. I called his referral and found out that he does deal with saliva gland and saliva ducts. We have a consult on the 30th. I am printing out everything I am finding online to ask about it. I am going to write up a big medical history of everything we have tried so far in the past 3 years. I am going to take pictures of her face when she wakes up to take with me to show him how it looks at its worst.

I pray that he is able to help. I am missing work, she is missing school, she is miserable, and its taking a toll on us both. Hopefully he will know of something we haven't already done and we can get past this. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about more health problems. As if the poor girl hasn't been through enough (not to mention the mom)! I have had luck with a couple of Maxiofacial Surgeons. Dr. Austin in South Ogden and Dr. Benson in Layton. Just in case you need some more. My prayers are with you!

Bellajean And Me said...

she is stronger than wed ever know!!
love**