Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Saliva Gland Drama

All I can do is laugh... b/c otherwise I would cry.

We went to meet with a very nice Maxiofacial Surgeon in Clearfield today. I had such high hopes that we would get some resolution from this appointment... and my hopes were deflated within minutes.

In a nutshell, he told us that Ty's issues are out of his relm of expertise. He agreed with our ENT saying going down to an ENT at Primary's would be best. He agreed with me that constant antibiotics is wrong for her and hopes that someone at PCMC can help more. (My mom is going to speak with an autoimmune Dr as well as an infectious disease Dr at her work to see if they have any thoughts...)

He didnt charge us for the appointment (even though they took XRays that we got to see up on the big flat screen TV in the consultation room... very high tech coolness!) and told us if she ever needs her wisdom teeth out or, God forbid, her face goes through a windshield he can put it back together for her. Joking aside, he felt my pain and felt bad he couldnt do anything to help us.

Oh well... next week is PCMC and I guarantee I will just cry if they dont tell us something new.

No comments: