Friday, January 16, 2009

Mom Update 1/16/09

Just wanted to give an update on my mom...

She is wrapping up her 2nd week of radiation. 20 treatments to go!
She has been doing well. She has days of extreme tiredness and others when she is her normal bubbly self. She is still working full time and doing what she needs to do. She is amazing!

I haven’t seen what her burn marks look like, but she hasn’t really complained about them yet. She uses some cheap Walgreen’s aloe vera that you can get for like a buck, and it works better than the $100 cream she got at the pharmacy! LOL

Also, I have been on my Tamoxifen for almost 2 weeks now. :::Knock On Wood::: I have yet to have a hot flash or at least what I think is a hot flash. (Although there was a strange incident while in Blake’s car this week, but it wasn’t like what I was told to anticipate, so I dunno…) I was told if I was going to have them, it would have started almost immediately. Only thing I have noticed that I am thirstier and a little more tired than normal, but that’s about it. I can deal with that! I hope it stays that way!

Today I am off for my first screening of 2009… hopefully nothing new shows up and nothing that’s already there changes. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Mom looks great! She seemed her normal, bubbly self. She is such an inspiration. I'm so glad the medecine hasn't made you sick or given you any other side effects. I think you and your mom could be motivational speakers. Your page looks good.