Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Every year at this time, people make goals to lose weight, quit smoking, etc. I am going to choose to love more... especially with my kids, my little blessings.

Sometimes when I am at my wits end, it is easier for me to yell and scream, when I should really watch what comes out of my mouth during those times. With others, I tend to prethink my conversations and the outcomes that could happen dependant on those conversations/words; however they are the ones I should do that with first. There is no doubt that I love them, but there is also no doubt my patience is very thin when it comes to them at times so that's what I want to work on... no matter how I am feeling (sick, tired, etc).

I want to be the type of mom they can come to with any issue or problem and that is going to happen by building a strong relationship with them now. I am going to put more energy into them. I am going to pray with them more. I am going to leave them little notes of love and encouragement. I never want to take them for granted and I will continue to thank God for them daily.

No comments: