Thursday, March 31, 2011

Heavy Heart

My heart is heavy today... if you are a Utah follower, you may have seen on the news about the pastor who just got 5 years to life in Prison for a relationship with a minor. That pastor was (is? I dunno) a dear friend of mine. He was someone who helped me through some tough times, someone who I was a youth leader under, someone I trusted and confided in. I am just heart broken for his wife and kids. I am heart broken for the 16 yr old girl. I am heart broken for everyone involved.


I am not going to get into a big debate about right and wrong... or about forgiveness. I am just going to pray for all of them. That God comforts them, encourages them, protects them, and takes care of them. I am going to thank God for using this situation to open lines of communication within my family and strengthened my church. I've got to look at the positives in this b/c really all I want to do is cry... I will praise Him in the storm. I know that there is a reason for all of this, I cling to that hope b/c right now none of it makes sense.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your promised presence. It comforts my heart to know that I am not alone. Lead me, Lord, through the unknowns in my life. Make Your path clear and I will follow it. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: