Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story

1. How long have you and your significant other been together? December marked 4 years.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} December 28th, 2007 I got a text from a friend asking if I was seeing anyone. I kinda was at the time, but nothing serious. She asked if I could give a guy she works with my number b/c she thought he’d be perfect for me. Uh, sure… whatever. I wasn’t thrilled about it… I had gotten out of a terribly heartbreaking relationship about 18 months earlier and was very jaded by the thought of a boyfriend. We texted for a few days and met up for dinner at Iggy’s in Layton and then he ended up meeting up with my friends later that night to go dancing in SLC.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} Yes, we got married in September 2008

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married at the Valley of Fire State Park near Las Vegas. We’ve both been married before so it wasn’t a big ordeal. We had family and close friends come.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! Well… I call him Mister Husband, he calls me Wifey. Babe, honey, love… all those work too. With an occasional “dumbass”.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. He loves my kids as they were his own. He cleans my house and does my laundry. He holds hands with me.

7. Tell us how he proposed? LOL… we were walking in SLC a few months after we started dating and he said “I could see us being married…” and I said only if I had enough beer. Just joking around… the joke went on for a few months until he asked my parents for their blessing and he proposed on my birthday.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Hmmm…. Flowers, jewelry kind of guy. We are going to get a massage and out for sushi this year.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Well, I tend to fall asleep the minute we put a movie in… so I like to go out. Dinner and an early movie… or something like that.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? I love going to Vegas with Mister Husband. We always have a great time… Fat Tuesday drinks, little gambling, a lot of shopping, a lot of eating, just having a good time. In addition to that, I love going on Harley rides with him… up the canyon around the dam.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. I guess I answered this above… massages and sushi 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? I asked for a Sterling Silver ring from JCP… not sure if he remembered. We’ll see!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Forgiveness… forgive little things, forgive big things. I’ve learned a lot from my previous marriage and relationships and forgiveness is something I’ve learned. Set expectations… discuss what you will and won’t tolerate. Communication is HUGE… talk about everything and anything. Kiss and hold hands as often as you can. Affection and words of affirmation are needed.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

2 comments:

jennykate77 said...

AWE!! Sweet love story.

Massages and sushi for V-Day sounds AMAZING!!!

Mary said...

Awe I love you guys, I am so glad your friend sent you that text, who was that person cause they must be pretty awesome :)