Friday, September 12, 2008

The fate of my "girls"

Today I should learn the future of my “girls”… and its weird b/c ever since making the appointment I have had a greater appreciation of them; however if the doctor says that my best chances are to remove them, then that’s what I am going to do.

I was thinking that a prophylactic mastectomy is the worst that can happen and I am ready to deal with that. Maybe this doctor is going to have a different opinion… maybe she will feel I am ok to not do anything and just be checked yearly. Maybe she is going to recommend some kind of medication. I am going to go into my appointment with an open mind and see what she feels is best, she is the breast expert.

I ran into my PCP the other day when I went to pick up my mammogram films. She said that she was shocked that my mom’s BRCA came back negative for the gene mutation. She said that me having the surgery was a no brainer if she was positive. With her being negative, she is glad I have the appointment in SLC today so we can see what this lady thinks.

I'll keep you updated!

No comments: