Thursday, September 4, 2008

Go back to eating donuts!


Can I just warn you that there is a cop on 18th and Washington? Did you know that the speed limit there is 35 MPH, although at 17th St there is a 40 MPH sign that you can see from 18th St?

Obviously I am speaking from experience. A few weeks ago I received my first speeding ticket in my 14 years of driving. All b/c I thought I was going 44 in a 40, when I was really going 44 in a 35. I even went back to see where 35 MPH was posted b/c I was ready to fight it, but there is the sign right in front of the DI.

To not have the ticket show up on my record, I went to Traffic School last night. I paid $100 to go, it covered the class and the ticket. They said be there before 7pm b/c they will lock you out if you are later. I pulled in the parking lot at 6:41pm being the early bird that I am and went in to Courtroom 1. The place was already packed!!! People kept piling in right until 7pm and there was only one empty seat in the place. Ogden city made some bank last night.

At 7pm on the dot we get going on things… watch some StupidVideos.com… They did have some shock factor, some crime scene pictures and what not. They talked about what we think are the rules of the road, only to find out not only do I speed, I change lanes improperly and don’t stop at a stop sign at the right place… nice.

Funny thing, the people on either side of me got their ticket in the exact same spot... as did my exhusband a few months back b/c when we got pulled over my daughter says,"Hey, remember when we were late coming home b/c Daddy got a ticket? This was the same spot!"

The class was supposed to be 2 hrs long, but the cop let us out at 8:15 so that worked for me. It’s funny how I took notice on all the things I was doing wrong, so I guess overall it was a good thing to go to.

No comments: