Monday, September 15, 2008

My Mom in Vegas

My mom went for her appointment last week and talked to the doctor about what she needs to do to be able to go to Vegas on Thursday. Her weight is good, actually gained a couple pounds. Her red blood count is good, but will keep her on shots until we leave. Her white blood count is a little low, so will have a big shot on Thursday morning along with her one dose of chemo. They arent sure how her blood clots are, but assuming better because the swelling is down and no pain. She still has to give shots in her belly to help thin her blood, along with the other meds. She says her belly looks like someone took a baseball bat to her b/c of the bruising. Her doctor isn't thrilled she is going, but promised her up front she could go. She promised him that if something happens she will go to a hospital there, but isnt anticipating anything. She is going to go to the room to nap as needed and just do like she normally does. Maybe not as much walking, but they have their car, the tram, taxi's, etc. She is just so happy for me, thats all she has been thinking about. I am glad to know that my wedding has been a focus for her, take her mind off things. I am just so happy to know she will be there for my big special day..

No comments: