Friday, November 14, 2008

Kid-free Weekend

Every once in a while... like once a month (instead of every other weekend and one night a week, but we won't get into that right now) it ends up that we don't have any kids. This phenomenon has happened maybe 3x in the time Bryan and I have been together.

The last two times this has happened, we both took Friday off to just hang out together and have a long weekend. Today we got hair cuts, went to lunch with some of my family, and tonight we are going to go to Wise Guys Comedy Club. Tomorrow maybe a movie and sushi. We don't even have to do anything for me to be happy, I just love being with my husband... even if this gives him even more time to pick on me!

Its nice to have a break. Not have to worry about feeding the kids at a certain time, or breaking up fights, or worry about running anyone anywhere. I feel that the adult time helps us to both relax and makes us better parents.

The funny thing is, as much as I live for my kid-free time, I still look around the house for the kids or think of things I need to remember to tell them. Having them more than 95% of the time makes it odd when they aren't here.

I love my little ones and just hope they are enjoying their time with their dad. It's been a struggle lately and I just want everyone to value the time they have together and never take anything for granted.

No comments: