Monday, November 3, 2008

PSS: Sins and Virtues

Amy asked "Out of the seven sins (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride) which one is your favorite and which one (if different) are you most guilty of? Same question with the seven virtues (Prudence, Justice, Restraint, Courage, Faith, Hope, Love)."

Hmmm… good question. I don’t know that I have ever really thought of this before. Not sure I have a favorite sin, but here we go...

I don’t Lust over anyone (other than my darling husband).
I am not overweight so Gluttony doesn’t count (although I need to lay off the brownies from Adventurous as my rear end is getting bigger than it normally is).
I am not a Greedy person- I share and give to those who need.
I don’t have enough anger and I am not the type of person to get revenge so there goes Wrath.
I have everything I need, so Envy doesn’t work either.
Maybe Pride? I am proud of my accomplishments and family, but I don’t necessarily see that as a bad thing.
Maybe Sloth? I am definitely lazier than I should be. I need to get up and start exercising more… then I could eat those brownies and not worry about the junk in my trunk. JUST KIDDING!

Now on to Virtues…
Prudence- I think things through and use good judgment. I am not one to do something without thinking of the implications.
Justice- I feel I treat people fairly
Restraint- as much as I want to just go off on my ex-husband, I show restraint… that’s gotta count for something!!
Courage- I am not a courageous person. I am very scared about losing my mom and the thought brings me to tears and hyperventilation.
Hope- on the flip side of my courage statement, I have a lot of hope that she will be ok and that God will watch over her.
Love- I lost my ability to love for a while… but thankfully, it has returned and it’s better than something I have ever had in the past.

Boy that was a tough question… Gonna have to finish my coffee next time before answering! LOL

No comments: