Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PSS: You had me at Hello!

It's Monika's turn..."Tell us about the very FIRST time you saw and/or talked to your current significant other."

I can think of both… it was the night of Dec 28th and a friend of mine sent me a text saying “Are you seeing anyone?”… Which led to “I work with this guy who would be great for you. He is fun, nice, has a son-who is a priority to him, cute, etc. Can I give him your number?”
Sure, what the hell? So later that night I got a text from Bryan… just general stuff, how I knew Mary, what I did, did I have kids, etc. I only had Mary’s description and a blurry MySpace picture to go on, but he seemed cute.

The texting went on for about a week before we decided to meet for dinner. We had planned to go to Iggy’s in Layton for dinner because I already ready plans with my girlfriends for later to go dancing. I pulled up in the parking lot and had butterflies. I hadn’t even talked to him on the phone… this was all through text and email… so I didn’t even know what his voice sounded like. I saw him park his car and walk up towards the door… I don’t even recall what we said at first, I just kept staring at him. We sat in a booth off to the side of the restaurant and we talked and talked and talked. Everything from kids, to beer, to basketball. We were there for a good two hours just talking. He seemed like a genuinely sweet guy. You could tell how much he loves his son by the way he spoke of him. That meant a lot to hear. When it got close to the time I was to meet my friends, we got up and he walked me towards my car. I remember standing on my tippy-toes to give him a hug goodbye and told him I hope to see him again soon….

(and soon ended up being about 2 hrs later at Port O’Call when my friends told me to call him and ask him to meet us there to go dancing. The rest is history!)

No comments: