Monday, November 10, 2008

Random Updates!

Mom had her last chemo treatment on Thursday… she is having side-effects and was told the chemo can stay in her body up to a month after her last treatment. She is going to keep the port in her chest for a couple of months incase she needs an IV for dehydration or medications. She will continue to have to be on blood thinners so prevent blood clots. She has another week worth of injections to keep her blood count up. She will be evaluated for radiation when her body heals a bit.

I go to the Huntsman Cancer Institute next week to be evaluated to see if genetic counseling would be valuable. I had to get a full medical history and I’ve got a lot of breast cancer and colon cancer in the family, with some sarcoma and brain tumors thrown in… it I am happy to be proactive to see if there is anything I can do to prevent being affected.

I won tickets to the Matt Stillwell concert tonight at The Depot. I haven’t heard of him before and am not a huge fan of country, but Bryan likes country and I saw how HOT this guy is, so that talked me into it! LOL

Ty loves playing basketball. They lost their game on Saturday, but won the 2 games before that. More than wins and losses, she is having so much fun. She is doing a good job too. She is all smiles. I will try to remember to take pictures this week to post them.

Parent Teacher Conferences are this week… other than that, I think that’s all the updates I have!!

No comments: