Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prayer Shawl


Yesterday was a tough day. I spoke to my mom on the car ride to work and she didn't sound so good. She has been sick, she's got sores in her mouth and is crazy nauseous. As soon as I got off the phone I started bawling. I prayed to God to help her through this tough time. She just sounds worn out. I prayed that I have strength and comfort as well b/c I will be no good to her if I am a mess.
I believe he heard my prayers b/c around lunch yesterday I had a special visitor who brought us some amazing gifts. They are called Prayer Shawls. They are shawls someone from her church made and a group of ladies prayed for us while holding them and the little note talks about how to wrap up in them and feel comfort and love. That gift could not have come at a better time. It was exactly what we both needed.
We went to my mom's for dinner last night and I gave her the one that was made for her and she just sat there holding it saying what a special gift it was.
Seeing her in person helped me after that phone call... she was tired, but didn't sound as bad as she had on the phone. I think the sores in her mouth from the chemo made it hard for her to talk and she sounded congested. She did have problems opening her mouth to talk, but seeing that verses hearing that was ok. She still was smiley and full of hugs.
Thanks again to the special friend and her ministry at church. You have us both something we will always treasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

BE STRONG, I will also keep you in my prayers! I went though this with my Mom and remember how emotionally draining it was. If she goes through radiation and gets bad burns, call me, my Mom invented her own cream that is fabulous!

Unknown said...

My mom went through radiation once and got some bad burns. She tried everything, including $100 prescription stuff... and found that some Suave with Aloe worked the best but I am sure she will be open to trying anything. We should know in a few months. Ill keep you updated!