Saturday, November 1, 2008

Having Mom Get Candy with Us was Definately a Treat!


It's been a family tradition to go to my parents' house for dinner on Halloween to eat chili then go trick or treating. Thursday was mom's big round of chemo so we weren't sure how'd she'd be so we thought we may just eat really fast and go on our way to not disturb her... yeah, not so much.

She was doing great yesterday (again, her dr is amazed at how well she is going)... she stayed home from work to rest so she could be with the kids. We all ate dinner, got the kids ready,and went out. Drew says "Nanna, I am 6 so can you go to 6 houses with us before you go back home to rest?" She said she'd she what she can do... Go ahead and times that by 6n or more because she ended up going 3 blocks with us, all the way down to the street I used to live on. I kept asking if she wanted to turn around and she said she was good. My old neighbor was out on her 4 wheeler with a trailer on it for the little kids and they asked 2x if she needed a ride back and she declined and walked home with us. My dad and Bryan were at home handing out the candy and I guess my dad was getting nervous and was just about to jump on the motorcycle to go looking for her. LOL

I am so glad she was feeling good enough to do that with us. The kids had a great time and I know it was important to her to be there too.

No comments: