Friday, October 31, 2008

When I think of an island, I think of Hawaii...

Not North Ogden... and I prefer the sandy, palm tree kinds where you can get fruity drinks with umbrellas. Not the cement, get in your way when you are driving kinds. Well... you are gonna hear me bitch about this for a while, so be prepared...

I came home from work yesterday to find a 12 inch cement wall in the middle of Washington Blvd right in front of my street. I no longer can turn North onto Washington (to get to daycare, the freeway, Smiths, etc) and if I am coming home from work I cant turn left into my street. Everything that I will now do is going to result in a U-turn or going out of my way to get to my damn house. I am PISSED.

No warning or anything... the damn thing is about half a block long and there isnt a thing I can do about it. I heard it has something to do with the new Zions Bank that is being built across the street... but those customers aren't going to be impacted by it, they can still turn left into the suicide lane, I no longer have one. To top it off, that is the only way in and out of my street. The other way is a deadend into Tom Chamber's buffalo property.

I left a VM for someone at UDOT but they are off until Monday... I also spoke to a NO policeman who was driving by last night who basically said "that sucks", I sent an email that has gone unanswered to NO City, and also sent an email to UDOT.

Being that my son has seizures, part of me is concerned that this is going to impact an emergency vehical getting to us in case of emergency... in addition to the dangers of doing U-Turns in the snow. Ugh! Did I mention this sucks?!?!?

No comments: