Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Insect Encounter

Yesterday I was driving home from work, it was nice out so I had my windows down. I was going down the freeway to pick up the kids and something flew through the window and hit my forehead... I assumed a small rock or something. It didnt hurt and I forgot about it moments later.

I woke up this morning and my forehead was throbbing. I looked in the mirror and I had a little bump with a blister on it. Hmmm... zit? Nah, I think that was the same place the freeway object hit me... I dunno, whatever. I put some coverup on it and went to work.

I was at work for maybe 45 mins and someone yells across the office "OMG! What happened to your head?" Uh... I dunno. I ran to the bathroom. I have a freaking goose egg on my forehead. It was hot and puffy.

People started to get me worried, so I called my Dr but they didnt have any openings until Monday but said the Urgent Care is open if I want to go. Nah, Ill be ok. If its still there tomorrow maybe Ill go.

Another couple hours pass and people are asking me if my husband hit me... if I fell down stairs and hit my head... then the VP of HR comes out and says, "Youre going to the dr now"... so off to Urgent Care I go.

First off, I have to say that Ogden Clinic got me in and out within 40 mins. I am in amazement. I was sure I would be gone for hours.

Secondly, the dr I saw seemed more concerned with my hysterectomy and b12 anemia than the growth on my forehead, but I ended up with a note saying I had an "insect encounter" and that I was allergic to its venom and I have to take antihistamines and use steroid lotion for 5 days .

I sure hope the swelling goes down... I feel like a freak the way everyone keeps looking at me. I dont think the picture shows all the swelling, just the big read bump.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Ummmm Ouch!!!!

Mary said...

Ummmm Ouch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't that read.. "Your Incest Encounter"??
hehehe Love you Lisa :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha, very funny Blake... (after you have had a couple of beers and took a antihistamine, insect is a hard word to say!)