Monday, October 20, 2008

Out of Retirement

When Ogden had a dueling piano bar, we were there a couple of times a month. The piano players got to know our rowdy bunch and we would often be called to dance on top of the piano. Since that time, the Diamond Lounge closed down and the new owners seem to only play techno, so we have since migrated down to SLC a couple of times to fulfill our sing-a-long fun.



On Friday we had a big group of friends go down to the Tavernacle (http://www.tavernacle.com/) and we had a blast. Had a couple (ok, a lot) of beers, hung out with some friends, sang along with the requests… and then the part of the evening came where I heard “Lisa and Heather, where are you? Blake has spent $20 for you guys to dance on top of the piano”. Uhmmmm, great. I told all my friends that my piano dancing days were over; I am an old married lady now! Yet there we were… on top of the freaking piano dancing to “Save a horse, ride a cowboy”. Thanks Blake.

BTW, you know it’s really bad when it’s been over a year and in a different city and the piano player still recognizes you… LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best 20 bucks I ever spent :)

Unknown said...

I am glad I am always able to be a source of entertainment for you friend!